Terms & Conditions
Conditions of hire for property rental
1. Contract of Hire All bookings are accepted by Michael Brittain and are subject to these conditions which are deemed to have been accepted in full by the hirer and all persons in the party. Bookings can be made by telephone, fax, email or from the website and would be deemed to be accepted by us, provided that payment is made.
2. Confirmation Your booking is only confirmed on receipt of payment of your deposit, as per clause 3 of these conditions.
3. Payment Your booking must be accompanied by your payment of a deposit (see below under cancellation (point 6) the different deposit sums required depending on building). Balance of rentals, if any due, to be paid 8 weeks before arrival, unless otherwise stated. If the balance is not paid before arrival then we will consider that the hirer is in breach of the contract thereby cancelling the booking, refer to clause 6 below.
4. What is included The rental includes: The cost of water, electricity, weekly clean and change of towels/linen. A full inventory of equipment and utensils is also provided. Please note: No items must be removed from the property.
5. What is not included The rental price does not include any personal insurance, travel, transportation or airport to apartment transport.
6. Amendment charges In the event you wish to alter details of a Fully Confirmed booking, there will be an amendment charge of £25 in addition to the increase, if any, in the cost of the revised arrangements. All alterations must be sent to us in writing.
7. Cancellation by hirer Hirer meaning person whom books or pays for the accommodation.
All bookings and reservations are only accepted on the Terms and Conditions as outlined here. It should be noted by the hirer that we strongly advise travellers to seek their own travel insurance cover for protection against any loss of flight costs and accommodation costs in the event that the hirer has to cancel. If the hirer pays for a return flight ticket, the hirer may find that by paying with a credit card to their tour operator/airline that full insurance protection exists, in the event of cancellation, from either the credit card company or the tour operator.
A deposit of 25% is due at time of booking and balance of rental is payable 8 weeks prior to start date of rental. In the event of cancellation by the hirer outside of the 8 week's then the deposit will be forfeited as an administration charge. If cancellation is made by the hirer within 8 week's of the start date then the hirer is responsible for the full rental price up to a maximum liability of 1 week's rental. Whilst the hirer's maximum liability is one week's rental it can be avoided if the hirer is able to cancel 8 week's prior to arrival, when only the deposit would be lost. We do give a complete full refund in the event that we relet the accommodation, less the administration charge.
8. Occupation Only persons listed on the Booking form may occupy the property. The property cannot be re-let/sublet to any other group/party without the written approval of us.
9. Damage to property Except in the case of normal wear and tear the hirer will be responsible for making good any damage to the property or its contents which has occurred due to negligence, wilful damage or irresponsible behaviour on the part of those occupying the apartment or their guests. Such damage must be reported, without delay, to the owner. The cost of the repair or replacement must be agreed with and paid to us.
10. Hirer's Responsibilities The hirer is responsible for taking all reasonable care of the property and its contents. The property and all equipment, utensils, furniture etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
Unless agreed in writing, you must vacate the premises by 10am on the last day of your rental period, in order to allow for the cleaner to attend and prepare for the next guest.
Failure to vacate the premises could render you liable to extra costs should the apartment not be made available. Such costs as to administration and claims by other parties may be incurred and passed on to the hirer. It is therefore vital to check with us, and obtain confirmation, that a late check-out can be accommodated by us.
11. Rights of Access The representatives or their subcontractors have the right of access to the property at any time, with due regard to the convenience of the hirer, for the purpose of inspection of the property and to carry out any essential repair or maintenance work.
12. Responsibilities Neither we, nor our representatives, can be held responsible for any circumstances beyond our control including, but not limited to, mechanical breakdown, illness or failure of any public service supply. The hirer responsible for booking undertakes that no person will suffer anything to be done which would endanger the policy of our insurers in respect of the apartment and its contents which might make the same void or voidable.
13. Injury and Damage Neither we, nor our representatives, take any liability for personal injury loss or damage to personal effects howsoever arising during the booking period.
14. Maximum Number of Persons Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons specified in the apartment description occupy the apartment except by prior written agreement with us. We, or our representatives, reserve the right to refuse admittance to the property to the hirer and their party if they are in breach of this condition.
15. Occupancy The apartment will be available for occupation from 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 hrs on the day of departure, unless otherwise stated. Luggage can be left in reception should you wish to leave belongings until the apartment is ready on the day of occupancy.
16. Complaints Any complaints about the property, or its contents, must be made in writing immediately to the owner who will take all reasonable steps to settle the problem. Neither we, nor our representatives, shall have any liability for any complaint submitted after the completion of the rental period.
17. Law & Jurisdiction In the event of a dispute concerning the terms of this contract, the court of law of London will have jurisdiction.
18. Insurance The apartment hire cost does not include any personal insurance cover of any kind. It is strongly recommended that insurance is taken out against Cancellation, Personal Accident and Medical cover.
19. Cancellation of property hire In the unlikely event that an apartment becomes unavailable, due to circumstances beyond the control of the owner, then the hirer will be offered alternative accommodation or a full refund. Any refund is restricted to the apartment hire cost. In the event that no suitable accommodation can be offered then a full refund of the apartment rental will be refunded